In late 2006 my passion for Porsche that had been kindled by owning a boxster lead me to search for a 911. In February 2007 I found a lovely, well used 964 carrera 2 coupe in GP white and embarked on a new adventure. This running report is about my 964 that would be used for high days, holidays and track days and be a 'project car'. It wouldn't matter if it spent time waiting for things to be fixed as it wouldn't be used as a daily driver.

Thursday 27 November 2008

New ARB bushes (Nov 07)

The winter upgrades and mods started yesterday when I took up a friend's suggestion to replace some of the 'tired' suspension bushes. The wishbone bushes look to be in pretty good shape so I can wait and do those when I change springs and shocks. So I decided to change the anti-roll bar bushes.

The old bushes were in a pretty sorry state as you can see below. I bought new Powerflex bushes as a replacement (£60 for four bushes!). The clamps would probably have still been serviceable after cleaning them up but to put new ones on at the same time for £3.50 each was a no brainer.



Getting the old bushes and clamps out was pretty easy but putting the new ones in was a b1tch of a job and only achieved by much cursing. You can just see the bush and clamp tucked away behind the wheel hub in the pic below.



I'm sticking with the standard ARBs for now (20 mm front, 21 mm rear) but hopefully the new poly bushes will stiffen the car up a bit. Thicker/adjustable ARBs will be something I'll look into after the springs and shocks which are on my list for next year (funds permitting).

No comments: