In late 2006 my passion for Porsche that had been kindled by owning a boxster lead me to search for a 911. In February 2007 I found a lovely, well used 964 carrera 2 coupe in GP white and embarked on a new adventure. This running report is about my 964 that would be used for high days, holidays and track days and be a 'project car'. It wouldn't matter if it spent time waiting for things to be fixed as it wouldn't be used as a daily driver.

Monday 10 November 2008

The cost of a year on track (Nov 07)

I totted up the costs directly attributable to the trackdays this year.

Trackday fees = £568.50
Training day and on-track training = £280
Accomodation = £92
Petrol = £360
Oil top ups = £7
Brakes and fluid changes = £260
Tyres = £474

Grand Total = £2,041.50

Worth every penny!

Nb. Not including 'ring trip as the car stayed at home for that one.

Here's what a rear tyre looked like after 4 trackdays:

No comments: