In late 2006 my passion for Porsche that had been kindled by owning a boxster lead me to search for a 911. In February 2007 I found a lovely, well used 964 carrera 2 coupe in GP white and embarked on a new adventure. This running report is about my 964 that would be used for high days, holidays and track days and be a 'project car'. It wouldn't matter if it spent time waiting for things to be fixed as it wouldn't be used as a daily driver.

Tuesday 15 January 2008

Minor Repairs and an incident! (Apr 07)

I took it comparatively easy this weekend and decided to finally getting round to fitting the new fan belts that I got a while ago. The current ones were well past their sell by date and with a few trips planned for the car recently I didn't want to get stranded out on the road with a broken belt or two . There's a belt for the alternator (like any other car) and a belt for the big air cooling fan . It took about an hour to do because you have to fire the engine up and check the tension and then add or remove shims to get this right.



The second small job was to replace a cracked foglight. Here the whole unit has to be replaced (you can't buy the lense separately). These are pretty expensive for what they are but luckily my OPC was selling off old stock last week and I picked one up for less than half price! It took just a few minutes to fit.

I'd rather not report the next bit . At the moment I'm gradually going over the whole body work with a mild cutting/polish cream to remove the 'orange bloom' that has built up due to previous neglect (i.e. the car has not been washed or waxed properly). Last week I did the front bumper to point that it was gleaming . Today, on a drive out, some twunt did this to it in a car park!

No comments: