In late 2006 my passion for Porsche that had been kindled by owning a boxster lead me to search for a 911. In February 2007 I found a lovely, well used 964 carrera 2 coupe in GP white and embarked on a new adventure. This running report is about my 964 that would be used for high days, holidays and track days and be a 'project car'. It wouldn't matter if it spent time waiting for things to be fixed as it wouldn't be used as a daily driver.

Thursday 15 September 2011

Changed the oil pressure sender (Jun 09)

Since buying the car I've had flaky oil pressue sender. The needle used to bounce around a was useless for getting an accurate reading. To remedy this I fitted an aftermarket sender (supposedly from a reliable source) which didn't work at all. The replacement I was sent also didn't work! These were £30 not very well spent. So at the third time of asking I got my money back on the aftermarket ones and bought one for £70 direct from Porsche. This one works like a charm and just goes to prove there are certain times when only original parts will do. Here, left to right, are the old one, the duff aftermarket one and the original Porsche one:

No comments: