One job that had been bugging me for a while was the replacement of the air con drive belt. Previously I'd cut off the belt so that I could change the two fan belts that needed changing (see earlier). This was done because one particular bolt on the compressor mounting plate appeared impossible to get to. However, when recently replacing the air filter (another box ticked), I found that with the air box cover off, that annoying bolt could be got to. With this knowledge I got a new air con drive belt and proceeded to fit it. But it was the wrong size (too short). The reason for this is that the compressor has been changed to an after market one at some point. After a trip to Halfrauds I located a suitable replacement belt (4.5 cm longer) and I now have functioning air con again.
Nb. I subsequently found later on that the aircon was not working because it needs re-gassing and removed the belt again to release a few horses (engine also revs more freely without it attached).
Another bug bear has been getting bonked on the head by the bonnet . Until now this has meant carrying around a bonnet keepy upper. Which I'm sure you'll agrees gives the car a rustic touch:
As much as I liked the wood, I thought it was about time I fitted a new bonnet shock and another box has been ticked:
The exterior of the car is looking better and better with every polish it gets. However, this highlighted the little things that let it down. Namely the grotty number plates as shown by the pic below:
It looks so much better with new plates: